- The Seven Dwarfs Train Ride!
in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom!
with interactives in the wait queue!
- Rockin’ coaster riders are afforded amazing views from all angles
- The footprints of forest creatures, large and small, and the impressions of sticks, stones and acorns are embedded in the dirt path that meanders through the Enchanted Forest, leading to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction.
- The Seven Dwarfs cottage is a meticulously detailed representation of the cozy home seen in the classic film, down to the wisteria vine and birdhouse at the front door.
- At the first interactive station in the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train queue, Doc’s note explains the jewel washing game. As the jewels flow by in a wooden trough, or sluice, guests touch and drag them into a tray on the side of the sluice, matching them by color and shape. The trough is about 15 feet long and is accessible from both sides.
- At the third interactive station in the queue, “Vault” is carved into the wooden mine crosspiece above the doorway. This is a reference to the scene in the film where Dwarf Dopey opens the vault and throws in a bag of gems, then locks the door with a key. For safekeeping, Dwarf Dopey hangs the key to the vault on a peg next to the door. The key hangs on a peg next to the entrance to the vault in the queue as well.
- The dwarf figures of Grumpy, Doc, Bashful, Sleepy, and Happy, seen in the mine train cottage near the end of the train ride, originally appeared in Snow White’s Scary Adventure, dwarfs Dopey and Sneezy in the cottage scene were created for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
- The two vultures perched on the jib crane near the dwarfs mine entrance are styled after the vultures in the film and originally appeared in the Snow White’s Scary Adventure attraction.
- The individual mine cars are designed to reflect similar vehicles that appear in the film, handmade of wood by the Dwarfs, shaped with an ax, and used to haul rocks and jewels. Hand-hammered metal bands and nails are used to bind the wood. In the film, the mine cars sit in a cradle that allows them to be tipped to unload their contents. Here, the cradle design allows the cars to swing back and forth as they carry riders along the winding mine train track.
- The innovative, patented ride system for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is an original design developed at Walt Disney Imagineering. It features five-car trains designed to swing independently from side to side as they move along the track. This newly patented design provides a one-of-a-kind ride experience.
- Next to Doc’s workstation in the dwarfs mine, the carved wooden clock is a replica of the one seen in the film with the figures of two miners striking an anvil. As in the film, that motion signals the start of the beloved song, “Heigh-Ho.”
- At the jewel washing station, a melody from the seven dwarfs classic film can be created by moving from spigot to spigot. There are 12 spigots, corresponding to the notes of the musical scale.
Enchanted Tales with Belle...Magic Kingdom
What's on at the new castle?
It's a great experience, and the technology involved is amazing.
The waiting area is the cottage of Belle's father. When you get inside his workshop, a cast member gives you a bit of a verbal spiel, and then a mirror on the wall magically transforms into a doorway for you to go through (I was in awe at that!). You are then in a room where Madame Wardrobe talks to you, and this is where the children and adults are chosen to take part in the performance. They do a great job of getting everyone involved, e.g. everyone has to pretend to be a horse when the knights are chosen. Every child that wants to be involved gets a part too, even if it is just a piece of cutlery.
You then move into the 'main show' room. Lumiere talks to you, and the newly chosen 'cast' practice the story of Beauty and the Beast. Lumiere then summons Belle, who appears and takes part in the story with all the performers. At the end, everyone is able to get a photo with Belle. (including those that weren't 'performers' in the show).
It's a great experience and worth doing. The lines do get long though!
- Aavatar'sClick here to editPandora!
- At Animal kingdom!!!