- The Seven Dwarfs Train Ride!
in Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom!
with interactives in the wait queue!
- Rockin’ coaster riders are afforded amazing views from all angles
- The footprints of forest creatures, large and small, and the impressions of sticks, stones and acorns are embedded in the dirt path that meanders through the Enchanted Forest, leading to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train attraction.
- The Seven Dwarfs cottage is a meticulously detailed representation of the cozy home seen in the classic film, down to the wisteria vine and birdhouse at the front door.
- At the first interactive station in the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train queue, Doc’s note explains the jewel washing game. As the jewels flow by in a wooden trough, or sluice, guests touch and drag them into a tray on the side of the sluice, matching them by color and shape. The trough is about 15 feet long and is accessible from both sides.
- At the third interactive station in the queue, “Vault” is carved into the wooden mine crosspiece above the doorway. This is a reference to the scene in the film where Dwarf Dopey opens the vault and throws in a bag of gems, then locks the door with a key. For safekeeping, Dwarf Dopey hangs the key to the vault on a peg next to the door. The key hangs on a peg next to the entrance to the vault in the queue as well.
- The dwarf figures of Grumpy, Doc, Bashful, Sleepy, and Happy, seen in the mine train cottage near the end of the train ride, originally appeared in Snow White’s Scary Adventure, dwarfs Dopey and Sneezy in the cottage scene were created for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
- The two vultures perched on the jib crane near the dwarfs mine entrance are styled after the vultures in the film and originally appeared in the Snow White’s Scary Adventure attraction.
- The individual mine cars are designed to reflect similar vehicles that appear in the film, handmade of wood by the Dwarfs, shaped with an ax, and used to haul rocks and jewels. Hand-hammered metal bands and nails are used to bind the wood. In the film, the mine cars sit in a cradle that allows them to be tipped to unload their contents. Here, the cradle design allows the cars to swing back and forth as they carry riders along the winding mine train track.
- The innovative, patented ride system for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is an original design developed at Walt Disney Imagineering. It features five-car trains designed to swing independently from side to side as they move along the track. This newly patented design provides a one-of-a-kind ride experience.
- Next to Doc’s workstation in the dwarfs mine, the carved wooden clock is a replica of the one seen in the film with the figures of two miners striking an anvil. As in the film, that motion signals the start of the beloved song, “Heigh-Ho.”
- At the jewel washing station, a melody from the seven dwarfs classic film can be created by moving from spigot to spigot. There are 12 spigots, corresponding to the notes of the musical scale.
Enchanted Tales with Belle...Magic Kingdom
What's on at the new castle?
It's a great experience, and the technology involved is amazing.
The waiting area is the cottage of Belle's father. When you get inside his workshop, a cast member gives you a bit of a verbal spiel, and then a mirror on the wall magically transforms into a doorway for you to go through (I was in awe at that!). You are then in a room where Madame Wardrobe talks to you, and this is where the children and adults are chosen to take part in the performance. They do a great job of getting everyone involved, e.g. everyone has to pretend to be a horse when the knights are chosen. Every child that wants to be involved gets a part too, even if it is just a piece of cutlery.
You then move into the 'main show' room. Lumiere talks to you, and the newly chosen 'cast' practice the story of Beauty and the Beast. Lumiere then summons Belle, who appears and takes part in the story with all the performers. At the end, everyone is able to get a photo with Belle. (including those that weren't 'performers' in the show).
It's a great experience and worth doing. The lines do get long though!
- Aavatar'sClick here to editPandora!
- At Animal kingdom!!!
Toy Story Land at Hollywood Studios
It’s official! Toy Story Land, the highly-anticipated toy-filled land inspired by the beloved “Toy Story” films, will open to guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios June 30, 2018
When it opens, guests visiting Toy Story Land will “shrink” to the size of a toy and join in on the fun Woody, Jessie, Buzz, and Andy’s other beloved toys are having in Andy’s backyard. Here, guests can take a ride on Slinky Dog Dash, a roller coaster Andy has assembled from his Mega Coaster Play Kit and topped off with Slinky and Jess
Families will also be able to take a spin on Alien Swirling Saucers, a galactic play set that Andy won from Pizza Planet. Here, adorable little green aliens swirl about in their flying saucers with guests in tow in their rocket ship toys, while “The Claw” hangs overhead.
Guests can also walk through a new carnival game box to experience Toy Story Mania!, which has been a guest-favorite attraction at the park since it opened in 2008. Now expanded with a third track, the popular attraction will put even more guests in the action taking aim at 3D objects – using everything from baseballs to cream pies – in a variety of whimsical, fast-paced games.
Margaritaville is only round the corner.
You can visit for restaurants.shops etc
Pay for water park use etc
Check it out!
DRAWN TO LIFE
Drawn to Life: New Cirque du Soleil Production
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group and Disney Parks, Experiences and Products are thrilled to announce Drawn to Life, the highly anticipated, new family friendly show coming to Walt Disney World Resort.
Written and directed by Michel Laprise and with Fabrice Becker as Director of creation, this collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering will open for previews March 20, 2020, and officially premiere April 17, 2020. The show will take residency at Disney Springs. Tickets are on sale now at cirquedusoleil.com.
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group President and CEO Daniel Lamarre, says, "For Cirque du Soleil, this is a beautiful way of celebrating Disney's legacy in the art of animation. This new and exciting production is most certainly the best way to highlight the privileged relationship we have with our colleagues at Walt Disney World and our joint commitment to continually bring audiences new experiences that surpass their expectations."
The show is a result of years of research and extraordinary collaboration that included extensive visits to Disney theme parks, Walt Disney Archives, Walt Disney Imagineering, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, The Walt Disney Family Museum, as well as hands-on work between Disney animators and Cirque du Soleil. In fact, the Cirque du Soleil teams collaborated extensively with legacy animators to create the show.
"What fascinates us is that moment when life appears in drawings. Just like in an acrobat's body, the visceral physicality of animation. The way they perform, the way they create the illusion of life,’" says Michel Laprise Writer and Show Director.
"In creating this show, we've brought to life an extraordinary new entertainment experience for the whole family," said Josh, D’Amaro, president, Walt Disney World Resort, "It blends all the heart, humor and joy of Disney storytelling with new acrobatic performances and effects never before seen in a Cirque du Soleil production."
This new show follows the story of Julie, a courageous and determined girl who discovers an unexpected gift left by her late father: an unfinished animation piece. Guided by a surprising pencil, she embarks on an inspiring quest sprinkled with her Disney childhood memories. Through this journey, she learns to imagine new possibilities and animate the story of her future.
Drawn to Life will transport guests of all ages into the world of Disney animation in Cirque du Soleil’s signature style. This entirely new experience will wow Walt Disney World guests and Cirque du Soleil fans, while bringing timeless Disney stories to life in an unforgettable new way.
"It has been a fantastic collaboration between Cirque du Soleil, Walt Disney Animation Studios and Walt Disney Imagineering. We had the chance to work with some of the animators that have worked on iconic Disney movies. You'll get to meet some of your favourite characters, but maybe in a very different way," says Fabrice Becker, Creation Director.
With an international cast of more than 65 artists, the Cirque du Soleil theater located in Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort, will welcome up to 1,580 spectators for each show, five days a week.